Tour Dates /
"If you get the chance, check this guy out live - so many instruments for one guy to play! And rumour has it that he never goes anywhere without some kind of instrument on him... "
- Sarah Howells, Roots 'n' All, Triple J
“Kaye’s much more than your contemporary one man band, he's a spellbinding singing, hilarious storytelling, adroit lapsteel slide guitar playing, funky Didge blowing, body-popping human beatbox freak with wit & spirit.. He's like John Butler on pills, Michael Franti on ‘shrooms & Umbilical Brothers on fire”
- Cathy Gavronich, Rip-In Magazine
An influential part of the Australian roots music scene & renowned as the world’s first didgeridoo-beatboxer, Nathan Kaye, is a globe-trotting one-man-band who thumps out songs on slide guitar, slide-didge & electronic foot-drums.
It's like he's chewed on blues, munched on funk, grabbed a handful of rock, sniffed up world roots, inhaled psytrance, tinkered with your grandad's old drum kit & then exhaled his own genre.
It's music that marries the earthy drive of John Butler, Xavier Rudd and Ben Harper with the uplifting atmosphere of Michael Franti.
You may have seen him on the 44 date sold out national tour with multi-platinum selling Pete Murray, or supporting ARIA winning Birds of Tokyo, or supporting Grammy-winners Wolfmother and Jason Mraz.
As well as music, Kaye performed a leading acting role in the best film award-winning Australian feature film, One Less God, an intense hostage terrorist drama based on one of the longest terrorist sieges in history which was released in cinemas 2018. Although he is better known for his role as Chook in Muriel’s Wedding.
Kaye’s step-father, Yabu Bilyana, was Aboriginal. Nathan got given his first Yidaki (didge) when he was in his teens by a traditional Pintjantjarra tribesman who said, “You been black fulla before.” Kaye got circular breathing within the first few days of starting.
Having invented blending human beatboxing into the didgeridoo way back in the 90’s, Nathan was invited to perform his didge-beatboxing at the UK Beatbox Championships, Glastonbury Festival & other festivals over there in 2005, which spread the technique throughout the UK & Europe.
But really, at the core of his multi-tasking abilities lies a big-hearted man with a powerful mission to inspire people to make the most of the gift of life, with his talent-packed show that has to be seen to be believed. Trust us, you’ll be better for it.
It’s the most uplifting, sweaty, dirty, good-vibed foot-stomp you'll get from a one-man show.
• 44 date national tour with multi-platinum selling Pete Murray, including many performances on national TV & radio
• Supported Grammy winning Jason Mraz, Venice Beach, LA,
• Supported Grammy winning Wolfmother, Byron Bay
• Supported ARIA winning Paul Kelly on tour
• Supported ARIA winning Birds of Tokyo, Perth ,WA
• Performed at The Viper Room, Sunset Strip, LA
• Supported Paul Dempsey (Something For Kate), Hotel Cafe, Hollywood, L
• Performed in the official line-up at
• Glastonbury Festival, England, UK
• Woodford Folk Festival, QLD
• Splendour In The Grass Festival, NSW
• Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Spiegel Tent, Scotland, UK
• Fairbridge Festival, WA
• Peat’s Ridge Festival, NSW -
• Super-Heineken Tour, China
• The Burning Man Festival, USA
• Earth Day Festival, Bali, Indonesia
• Recorded guitar, vocals and programmed beats on Andy Fraser's solo album (70’s band Free),
• Performed onstage with John Butler at the Fatherhood Festival,
• Toured in venues in UK, Ireland, USA, China, Hong Kong, Bali & Australia
• Supported The Corrs, Hong Kong,
• Supported other artists including Diesel, Little Birdy, Ash Grunwald, iOta
FILM & TV CREDITS
• Muriel’s Wedding as Chook
• One Less God as Oz
• Wanted as Robber 2 (alongside Jason Clarke)
• Home & Away
• Police Rescue
• many more + many TV commercials
Label / Solar Sound Foundry Records
Booking / Leon